Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What to be for Halloween...

Me as a
cat last year
#classic.
Okay so October decided to fly by, but seriously... I think it skipped a week... This means I definitely don’t have a solid Halloween costume yet... which is a problem, because in college Halloween goes on for 3 days... Naturally, I decided I was going to be a cat for all three days #catlover. There are so many cat options. A regular cat, a cool cat, a jazz cat, cat woman, cat burglar, a striped cat, a spotted cat, keyboard kitty... I mean do I need to keep going? Plus a cat costume follows the unwritten rule for Halloween costumes. That rule being: Costumes must look legitimate, while being made from the least amount of material possible aka #slutty. It’s really easy to pull that off with the cat look. Its a total #DIY costume. Which I’m so down for seeing as I’m a #brokecollegestudent. All it requires is a leotard (check, I was a ballet dancer), cat ears (check, duh #catobsessed), fishnets (check, dance costume), heels (check, I’m a girl) and eye liner to draw on the whiskers (check, um again I’m a girl). Then the variations on the costume can easily created by adding accessories, for example to pull of the #jazzcat look all I would need to do is throw on a bow tie and some sunglasses. Done.
Ideally I would remake his
 look from this cover #doable
    I’m totally fine with cat variations as a costumes, I mean it’s the only #sociallyacceptable time I can be a cat in public... of course I’m going to go for it. The only real problem I have now is... my friends won’t allow me to be a cat all three days....

  Don’t worry though. I’m obsessed with things other than cats... such as Andrew Vanwyngarden, lead singer of MGMT. In my mind being him was the next logical option. But again, I was shot down by my friends who said no one would know who I was... even with a name tag.... which is totally true #fuckUT. As of now I think I’m going to go for it anyway, or at least be a hippy #inspiredbyAndy. I’m going thrifting later today to try to create this look. Wish me luck. I’ll let ya know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment