Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Spotted: Channing Tatum (sorta... kinda....)

  After reading 85 pages of my crim text book today, yeah thats right 85 pages. (You’re impressed. Don’t lie.) I decided to go on a run. Not eating is way harder than anorexic people make it look. Trust me. I’ve tried/try all the time #whodoesnt. Anyways, I was running my normal route when I noticed like obnoxiously bright lights, a huge camera crew, classic black directors chairs, and a ton of stressed out people. Woah #wtf. This is not California or New York City. It’s not even Philadelphia (no offense <3 you Philly (wish i had a cheese stake right meow (#fucknoteating))) So, as you can imagine, I was rather confused by the commotion. As I jogged by I tried to catch a glimpse of what was happening but.... I run pretty fast so I didn’t have much time to look. HAH #NOT. It was hard to see what was actually going on with the 18-wheeler prop truck chillin out front of the house and I didn’t want to gawk so I continued.
  Aprox. 30 minutes I was headed back up the same road, my jog had turned into a slow walk/limp due to some major leg muscle cramping and, secretly, so I could figure out what was being filmed. The set up was still there, although it looked like they were shutting down, possibly due to a run-in with the Tampa police. (I might have just made that up... the police were present though.) In my head I decided that they were probably filming a low-budget film, possibly a commercial or a educational film on the downfalls and dangers of #Floridaliving (“Florida: A sunny Place for Shady People” starring Debbie Drugabuser and Pete Panhandler). I continued my run home.
A friend’s mupload. Yup that’s him.
In his #underwear.
At a park. In the sprinklers.
When my roommate returned from class, I told her about the crazy film set up happening. We agreed it was odd but that was the depth of our discussion. THEN around 9:00 everyone’s Facebook statuses, tweets, and mobile uploads pointed to a confirmed Channing Tatum sighting on campus #sheermadness. I was able to conclude that he was filming a movie in Tampa (and dancing in his underpants at the park directly across from the school....? #notkidding) I did a quick google search of “Channing Tatum filming movie in Tampa” and discovered he is in fact filming a movie about a male stripper coming of age... in Tampa. Its called Magic Mike. I watched it being filmed and didn’t even notice.... #awkward. Also to be honest... I don’t know who Channing Tatum is... well I mean I do now... #tampaliving 

No comments:

Post a Comment