Friday, October 21, 2011

Thrifting (v.) The act of going to a thrift store.

   I’m going to be a cat for Halloween... I know shocker. I tried to pull off Andrew Vanwyngarden. I really did. But there were just things that weren’t going to work out. For example, he is not wearing a shirt... sooo i mean I could go shirtless... but I feel like some problems might arise. #publicnudity I’m really trying not to get arrested. But I promise I did put some effort in trying to figure out how to pull of the Andy Vanwynie look. I went #thrifting today in hope I would find suitable components for an MGMTesque costume, but I was left uninspired by the clothing options. However, the trip itself was far from a waste of time.
   Nestled in a building I really thought was abandoned is the #sketchiest thrift store ever. But really #classicTampa. We walked in and... it was a pretty standard sketchy thrift store. It had that token old and musty thrift store smell #yum. The clothing selection was pretty standard, racks upon racks of dirty old t shirts. The lack of bizarre oil paintings was pretty disappointing. After perusing the grungy nicknacks and deciding not to take the unicorn ring holder #magical, I checked out the records. My first great find was Frank Sinatra’s That’s Life. Frank is another obsession. He can fly me to the moon any time he’d like #sosexy. My second stellar find was the JC Penny’s sponsored The Brightest Stars of Christmas. I know JC Penny? how can this record be of good quality. oh trust me my friend, I was surprised too.  The record is full of great Christmas classics. Elvis Presley’s Here Come Santa Clause, Jingle Bells by Julie Andrews, Sleigh Bells by the Boston Pops #stopit. The list goes on and on. The best thing about my new records is they were 54 cents total! #bargain. Not too shabby Tampa, not too shabby.

2 comments:

  1. Wow thats really amazing I have heard a new app what can i download spotify premium apk for free on android this app is great and I have started looking at it.Thanks for the help and suggesting the matter I will go forward with it.Keep publishing and writing new article.

    ReplyDelete